Ag Tech Events: MIT J-WAFS Food and Water Conference
Date: April 27-28, 2016
Place: Tang Center (Building E51), 2 Amherst St, Cambridge, MA 02142
Cosponsored By: The Abdul Latif Jameel World Water and Food Security Lab (J-WAFS),
This conference will highlight advances in technologies at the nexus of food, water, energy, and the environment, including sensor technologies for water and food safety, innovative water treatment and purification technologies, and bioengineering and other advanced technologies for agriculture and food processing.
Panellists and keynote speakers will address,
- The impacts of climate change and globalization on water and food systems,
- The role of collaboration and innovation in addressing risk and
- Resilience for companies affected by food and water issues,
- The role of multisector partnerships in providing opportunities for the development of new technologies and markets.
The conference will also feature local and MIT-connected start-ups in the water and food sectors, along with research currently funded by J-WAFS, including technology commercialization projects.
For Registration Please Visit: https://aws.passkey.com/event/14518376/owner/371/home
- ILP Member: Complimentary
- General Public: $1,750
- Current MIT Faculty/Student/Staff: Complimentary
- MIT Alum, Start-up Exchange Member, Sloan Executive Education Member, Professional Education Member, EmTech Attendee: $500
Accommodations: A block of rooms has been reserved at the following hotels near the MIT campus.
Hyatt Regency Cambridge, Overlooking Boston
Please visit https://aws.passkey.com/event/14518376/owner/371/home to receive $285 group rate, plus local tax.
Rooms are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.
Important Topics Which Will be Discussed in Conference:
1. Technology Development and Industry Collaboration in Water & Food Sectors
2. Sensing technologies for Food & Water Applications
3. Panel on Risk Management and Resilience in an Era of Globalization and Climate Change
4. Advances in Water Purification Technologies
For More Details Please Visit: https://ilp.mit.edu/conference.jsp?confid=136&tabname=overview